Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Frustration at the Book Store

I recently was trying to purchase a Microsoft CD for my PETE class at the Book Store and wasn't able to. I went to the checkout counter and my student identification card using Rock Dollars did not work and the clerk tried twice. The clerk asked me if I had money on it and I told him I did. I called the number on the back of my student I.D. and the woman said that they were having difficulty with all of the swipe terminals. I told the clerk at the Book store and he said he never heard of such a thing. The woman that worked in the student i.d. department told me to try again in an hour. I then asked the clerk if he was able to take the cd back and tell the man at the customer service desk that I didn't purchase one because I was unable to, but that I would be coming to try again during common hour. It was necessary I told him this because each student is only permitted one cd. The man in customer service wrote down my identification number and checked me off as already getting one. Hopefully when I go get a cd at common hour I am able to and hopefully the clerk did is job well and passed the message along.

1 comment:

  1. I really cant stand ingnorance, that is truly one of my weaknesses that get me so irritated. I truly get mad when the rock dollar's is not working on the whole campus without any warning. That same day my boyfriend and I went to boozel dining hall to get some lunch, to find a sign that said rock dollars is not working, sorry for inconvenience. Yes it truly is an inconvenience and a hassle for those who have rock dollars for their meal plans. When that issue arises, it just seems like certain individuals who work on the campus are very rude and crude. I would ignore individuals like that because people act the way they do for a reason. So frustratining sometimes, but sometimes it's up to us to find out what that reason is.

    ReplyDelete